IntellipromptMemberlist Suggestion

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 19 years ago by tobias weltner
Here's a small suggestion for the memberlists:
it would be nice to append the memberlistitems with a property like "DisplayName".
Then, the memberlist should display what is specified here, and once someone selects an item, the "text" property is inserted.

This way, it would be possible to show one thing in the list and once it is selected, insert another thing.

This is necessary for example for globalization. Sometimes, localized constants contain illegal characters, so the constant that gets inserted must look different from the localized constant name.

I know I could work around this but I think it is quite important and should be a feature.

Thanx!

Comments (3)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Actually we have that feature right now. If you use the item contructor that takes a lot of parameters, Text is what will be displayed, AutoCompletePreText will be inserted before the caret, and AutoCompletePostText will be inserted after the caret.

You can leave AutoCompletePostText blank to do a "regular" replace that uses text that is different than what is displayed in the list.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 19 years ago by tobias weltner
Yes and no.
Yes, it works to use AutoCompletePreText as value and text as "Display Text".
But if I do this and later return to a code segment where I have inserted a value from my memberlist, it is not found and highlighted in the memberlist anymore.

In other words, when re-opening a memberlist, it looks for the text specified in "text" and not the one specified in "AutoCompletePreText".

It would be great if there was a way to use the content of AutoCpmpletePreText for auto-highlighting. Only then would it be a true alternative to "text".

Could you understand what I was trying to express? I'm not a native speaker... ;-)
Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Ahh, that is a very good point and should probably be changed. Right now we're using the ListBox's FindString method to locate an item (which is hitting the Text displayed in the ListBox for the item) however we really should be hitting the AutoCompletePreText property. We'll get this changed for the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.