The latest build of this product (v2.0.0208) was released 19 years ago, which was before this thread was created.
Posted 19 years ago by Mark - Greenville, SC
I am trying to use the DockWindow/Tabstrip controls (Version 2.0.207.0) with the Visual Studio Beta 2 install. No matter what I do with the .LIC files, I can't seem to get it to recognize it as a Registered version. Just wondering if anybody else has run into this or has gotten the licensing to work in VS 2005 with .LIC license files.

Thanks,
Mark

Comments (5)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Mark, I'm not aware of any issues with VS 2005 licensing. Does the sample project compile without a popup?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 19 years ago by Mark - Greenville, SC
Just a FYI as to how I got around this Issue. Thank you Bill, from tech support, for helping me resolve this.

It appears that VS 2005 Beta 2 is looking for the .LIC files in the GAC, and not the location of the actual DLL that I am referencing. I did the following to get this to work:

1. Opened a command prompt
2. Changed directories to c:\Windows\Assembly. This is where the GAC is located.
3. From here I had to find the actual directory where the Actipro DLLs were located. They were is weird directories like 'C:\Windows\Assembly\GAC\ActiproSoftware.DockableWindow\<version #...>.
4. Put the appropriate .LIC file in this location.

Once I did this, I was able to compile the Sample applications and My application without the popup.

Hope that helps.

Mark
Posted 18 years ago by Mike Kearl
Finally!!! I got mine working. I had gone through everything several times in the faq and it still wasn't working. Finally your post tipped me off I had copied the lic files into c:\windows\gac but I didn't realize that there were directories in the GAC that you can only see at cmd prompt So by going down to the actuall dll and copying the lic files in it finally worked.
Posted 18 years ago by Mark - Greenville, SC
Glad that helped. I know I spent a while on this and the same problem happened on the final release of Visual Studio 2005. Of course, I am sure if I upgraded my controls, it would work, but just can't do that at this point and the others are working fine.
Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Actually we took this information and added it to our Licensing FAQ several months ago. As long as you click the link that takes you to the LIC file licensing version of the FAQ, we have a section titled "Visual Studio 2005 Issue with LIC Files" that has detailed steps.

Actipro Software Support