Creating new document windows without stealing focus

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 19 years ago by Ty Oh - AgileSoftware
Hi,

We are really excited to be using UIStudio as our foundation for the LookAndFeel of our upcoming products. In my personal view, congratulations for making the best.

We are creating document windows as needed as workitems are appropriately distribtued to users.
DocumentWindow documentWindow = new DocumentWindow(dockManager1, key, text, image, userControl);
documentWindow.Activate();
We were wondering if there's a way to create document windows (additional tabs) without stealing focus. Typical users may be busy working on another document and would not appreciate being jumped to the newly created document window.

Cheers.

Comments (3)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi, that's an excellent idea. We've added it for the next maintenance release. There is now an overload of Activate that accepts a boolean parameter indicating whether to focus the window or not.

If you'd like to give it a test before we release the next build, send us an email and let us know whether you need an evaluation release (not a customer yet) or a full release (existing customer).

Actipro Software Support

Posted 19 years ago by Ty Oh - AgileSoftware
Wow, you're support is absolutely the best I have ever come across. I am delightfully impressed! You guys will be Number 1 (if you aren't already) squashing big names like SharpUI, Component One, Xceed etc. I've tried them all, and I can say without a doubt, that you guys are the BEST!

You'll be hearing from our Director of Software Development (Matthew Bagley) within a few days to purchase UI Studio. We'll get the full release version which includes this addition then.

Again, my sincere appreciation and praise go to the team to Actipro Software.
You guys make Software Development a sheer joy.

P.S. Our senior developer Roger Rong mentioned the inclusion of Toolbars in the next release. We'll be happy to test drive beta versions for you.
Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Thanks! If you'd like to test the changes before purchase, you can send us an email and we can post a beta evaluation build for you tonight.

Also, keep an eye on the forums for news with the toolbars/menus. Hopefully in several weeks we'll be able to beta test.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.