Posted 19 years ago by MJA - Belgium
Hi,
It took me a very long time to convert to 3.0 from version 2. OK, let's say 2 hours ;).
A lot of methods and properties were displaced. How to guess that document.CurrentView became editor.SelectedView ?

For the next time may I suggest that you don't discard obsolete methods and properties, but you mark them as obsolete with a compiling error message.
Something like this
<Obsolete("document.CurrentView was replaced by editor.SelectedView", True)>Function CurrentView() as ....

Comments (3)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Thanks for the suggestion. We always document all breaking changes in our detailed Release History (in the Readme.html file).

Also, the Documentation has a Converting from 2.5 to 3.0 topic to help out however, we didn't have one for 2.0 to 2.5, in which I believe that change was made. But for 2.0 to 2.5 the Release History did document all those changes.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 19 years ago by MJA - Belgium
I'm so sorry, I only read the help file, topic : converting from 2.x to 3.0.
Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
No problem at all. Just wanted to let anyone else know who read this that the Release History always has every detail about what changes version to version and marks breaking changes.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.