Problems if the container is not visible?

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 19 years ago by Domenico
My layout has 9 toolwindows. When I load it, it takes some second (every toolwindow has to do some work during initialization) and some flickering. So I try to hide the main window with DockForm.Visible=False (or DockForm.Hide) and to show it back to the user when the loading and the initialization is completed.
But I see that the toolwindows aren't in the position I expected. I obtain a different dock order. In particular the first toolwindow is always moved from docked at the top of the control to the middle of the control.
I think it's a problem of timing. If I save a layout with some toolwindow close all the positions are mantained.
If the container is visible everything works.
Does your dock control has a behaviour dependent from the visibility of the container? It is possible that the graphics extra work could interfere with the correct dock order of the toolwindows?

Thanks

Comments (1)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
I don't think that whether the container being visible or not would make a difference. Our logic doesn't change at all whether it is visible. Are you sure the container is the correct size while invisible?

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 3 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.