Characters displayed in reverse order

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 19 years ago by Greg Shaffer - Boulder
Hi,

I ran into a freak bug in our code editor where typing "this" gets displayed as "sith" in the code editor. Is there a known setting that could cause this to happen?

I'm trying to reproduce the problem on the test application, but I can't make it happen.

Thanks,
Greg

Comments (3)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
The only thing I can think of is if somehow the features we recently added in a 3.0 maintenance release where selection can optionally be retained is being used. Our code shouldn't be doing that though and if it is, that's a bug. Under normal circumstances, the caret should move with the typed text if the retain selection option is not used. Please let us know if you can dupe it in the test app.

Actipro Software Support

I think that the problem is on my end. It appears I have some extra events getting fired in my MVC code that is causing the text of the document to get reset for each character type, which in turn forces the cursor to the 0 position each time.

I will let you know if this is not the case. However, we've had this configuration for a long time, and I think the only thing that has changed is the SyntaxEditor version...

-Greg
Well,

I think it was just a coincidence that we upgraded and discovered a bug in our syntax editor. This is an "id10t" bug on my part. So, there is no problem with the SyntaxEditor.

-Greg
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.