Question about IntelliPrompts

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 19 years ago by Karl Grambow
I was wondering if it's possible to create an IntelliPrompt where the text in the IntelliPrompt contains a dot "." in it and the list is ordered by the text that comes after the dot. And anything that I type ignores the text that comes before the dot.

For example, in vb.net if you type in:
Me.DialogResult = 
The IntelliPrompt shows various options, all starting with DialogResult (e.g. DialogResult.Abort, DialogResult.Cancel, etc).

So when I type "C" the list goes to DialogResult.Cancel.

Thanks,

Karl

Comments (2)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hmm... there is the MatchBasedOnItemPreText property which controls whether typed text matches based on the Text or the AutoCompletePreText property of an item. You could fill the pre-text with the text after the period but place the whole thing in the Text property. That would get you the typing correctly.

If at that point you want the full DialogResult.Abort, etc. inserted then handle the IntelliPromptMemberListClosing event and in it, look at the selected item. Change its AutoCompletePreText property to be the Text property.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 19 years ago by Karl Grambow
That's Awesome!!!

Is there anything you can't do with SyntaxEditor?

Thanks,

Karl
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.