Uncomment Command Restricted to First Column

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 19 years ago by Boyd - Sr. Software Developer, Patterson Consulting, LLC
I'm not sure it's always been the case, but I've noticed that you can only "uncomment" a line if the comment characters appear in the first column of that line.

1) Open Sample Editor with C# Code
2) Select lines 1 & 2 and click the "Uncomment" button (works as expected)
3) Now Select lines 15 & 16 and click the "Uncomment" button... the comments remain BUT document modification indicators appear anyway.

Visual Studio ignores any whitespace at the beginning of a line.

Comments (7)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Thanks Boyd... this is now fixed for the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by Walt Morrison
There is a new problem introduced in the latest version, however:

To repro: Comment three lines of code, and click somewhere else to remove the selection. Then use the mouse to select from the middle of the first line down to the middle of the third line, and use the Uncomment command. In addition to uncommenting the lines, it will delete everything that was not selected. In other words, everything to the left of the selection start on the first line and everything to the right of the selection end on the last line gets deleted.

[Modified at 12/08/2005 01:26 PM]
Posted 18 years ago by Boyd - Sr. Software Developer, Patterson Consulting, LLC
Yikes! ... I can duplicate that as well.
Boy, I just realized how negative I sounded in that post. I apologize. Just so you know, I think this is a fantastic product, thanks for the good work!!!
Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Thanks Walt, I believe we have it fixed now for the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

Do you have some idea when that fix will be available? Our current release plans include a maintenance release of our own within the next 4-6 weeks.

If your own release schedule is farther out, can you suggest what might be the best workaround? It's a pretty important issue, as I'm sure you can imagine.
Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
We have a few things ready for the next maintenance release already but not enough to warrant a release yet. Worst case scenario, if we don't get it out in the next several weeks, send us an email and we'll do a special preview build for you with the fix.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.