OnContextMenuRequested not called at every times

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Sébastien Hivon
Hi

I override the OnContextMenuRequested to show my custom context menu, but it doesn't show every times the right mouse button is clicked.
Instead, I tried to register to the event to show my menu and I get the same problem.

I did not have steps to repro yet.

Comments (5)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Both the method and event will fire whenever the SyntaxEditor control gets WM_CONTEXTMENU. I just verified the code. However they will not fire when one of the scrollbars gets a right-click since those are separate controls.

Actipro Software Support

I re-enable the default context menu and I still got the problem. It happened more often when the cursor is at the beginning of a line.
Can you give us detailed steps on how to reproduce it in the sample project? Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

No, I can't reproduce it in the sample editor.
But I get the way to reproduce it in my application. That's a determined square at the top left of the control.
I know you can't do anything since the problem doesn't seams to be on your side, but if you have a clue to me, don't be shy.
I'd love to help if I can but on our end, we respond to the WM_CONTEXTMENU message. So if something is intercepting that in your app, then that could cause it not to show. I'm not sure what would do that though unless you had some other control over SyntaxEditor.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.