Deploying Apps with ClickOnce

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by dmelinosky
I'm working on an app to deploy with ClickOnce using UI Studio but my testers are getting errors stating that the application requires ActiproSoftware.WinUICore to be installed in the Global Assembly Cache. ClickOnce is not able to install assemblies into the GAC as far as I can tell.

Is there a way to get UIStudio working without having to install it's assemblies into the GAC?

Comments (5)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
WinUICore and Shared should never need to be (and never should be) placed in the GAC when you deploy your applications. They just need to be in your app's private bin folder.

Actipro Software Support

Thanks for the quick reply.

Hmm, so is my installation wrong then? I only have ActiproSoftware.UIStudio.Dock.dll and ActiproSoftware.UIStudio.NavigationBar.dll in my v1.5.0039 folder. I'm assuming the others were installed to the GAC? If so is there a way to get them out so I can reference them directly?
Actually the Readme file lists the locations of the Shared and WinUICore assemblies. They are in the Common Files folder structure. Those are needed to be included with your deployment along with the Dock and NavigationBar assemblies. If you include those then everything should work ok.

Actipro Software Support

Of course right after I asked the question I figured that out :)

What I did was set the Copy Local parameter to true and it seems to be working.

Thanks for the help.
No problem... glad you got it!

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 3 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.