Posted 18 years ago by Gareth - Director, Slyce Software Limited
Is it possible to add hovering glyphs to a span? What I want to do is have a small toolbox with commands in the upper right corner of specific spans, so that actions can be placed at the point of use. These would be user-definable, such as a little icon for 'delete', one for 'copy' etc. I doubt this functionality exists, but it would be so useful. Nice to have features would be to make them visible when the particular region is moused-over, and hidden otherwise. It would be good to be able to specify location, such as top-right, bottom-right etc, and whether they should be placed on the first or last full line of the span if possible.

Kind regards,
Gareth.

Comments (5)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Gareth,

Do you mean a feature like "smart tags" in Word where after certain actions an icon can appear and if you hover over it and click it, a menu of options drops down?

Actipro Software Support

Yes, exactly. I am looking for a slightly more general form of "smart tags", that apply to an entire span, not just individual words or phrases. I need to be able to perform some actions on entire spans.

Thanks,
Gareth.
Posted 18 years ago by Boyd - Sr. Software Developer, Patterson Consulting, LLC
I'll back up Gareth in saying this would be a great feature.
Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Thanks guys, I'll add it to the TODO list.

Actipro Software Support

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing it!

Cheers,
Gareth.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.