Posted 18 years ago by Elmo Watson
Please forgive my newbiness - but I'm just starting DotNet development, having developed in VB6 for many years, and having been used to working with a Rich Text Box, this is ALL very new to me. And there are so many properties/methods/classes, etc - It's hard for a beginner to know his way around.

Please, here are my questions:
1. In the RTB - there were properties like Selstart (where to put the cursor) and Seltext (either highlighted text or inserting new text wherever the cursor is located)
I can't seem to find properties to equal these - what might they be?

2. Is there a 'Show Line Numbers' property, or the like, to turn on line numbers?
I can find a whole lot of properties for line numbers - but not anything like that)

3. How to turn on outlining

Thanks

Comments (4)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Elmo,

Let me try and help get you started...

1) All selection related things can be accessed via:
editor.SelectedView.Selection

It has a ton of properties and methods like StartOffset, etc. SelectedText is a property off the "view" though.

2) Yes, editor.LineNumberMarginVisible.

3) You need a semantic parser plugged into your language definition that tells SyntaxEditor how to do outlining. We provide several samples for common languages in our sample project.

Actipro Software Support

Thanks - one thing before bed -
editor.SelectedView.Selection.Length=(number)

tells me that property is readonly

what if I want to select a certain piece of text, giving it a certain length?

(thanks for being patient - I'm sure I'll have more as the days go on, but everyone's got to start somewhere!)
Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Elmo,

No problem... That would be the editor.SelectedView.Selection.SelectRange method.

Actipro Software Support

Thanks - after much mind-twisting, I finally got it to work - -

It's just so much different than what I've been used to working with, and then realizing SelectedRange was a method instead of a numerical ..... well - it's working.

Thanks again

[Modified at 11/20/2005 04:57 PM]
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.