Posted 18 years ago by Jake Pearson - Software Developer, Alion Science and Technology
Hi,
Support, feel free to ignore this message, but if anyone has an idea please let me know.

I am working on having a set of SyntaxEditor's share the same scroll bar. Basically we are stacking a few syntax editors in the same parent panel, when one editor gets taller it pushes down the editors below. This link points at a screen shot of my editors. The problem is typing in one of the syntax editors does not scroll the parent panel. I found an article on scrollbars on code project. I put some code into my editor like this:

private int lastLineCount = 1;
private void cSharpEditorCode_DocumentTextChanged(object sender, ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.DocumentModificationEventArgs e)
{
    UpdateHeights();
    this.enableChangeEvents = false;
    CodeProperty.SetValue(PropertyParent, cSharpEditorCode.Text, null);
    this.enableChangeEvents = true;
    if(lastLineCount != e.Document.Lines.Count)
    {
        int lineDelta = e.Document.Lines.Count - lastLineCount;
        ExpandableEditorList list = Parent as ExpandableEditorList;
        if(list == null)
        {
            return;
        }
        list.AutoScrollVerticalPosition += lineDelta*Editor.LineHeight;
        lastLineCount = e.Document.Lines.Count;
    }
}
The "AutoScrollVerticalPosition" property calls some Win32 methods like this:

public int AutoScrollVerticalPosition
{
    get { return GetScrollPos(this.Handle, (int)SB_VERT); }
    set 
    { 
        SetScrollPos(this.Handle, (int)SB_VERT, value, true);
        SetDisplayRectLocation(DisplayRectangle.X, -value);
    }
}

[DllImport("user32.dll")]
private static extern int SetScrollPos(System.IntPtr hWnd, int nBar, int nPos, bool bRedraw);
It works ok for the first few returns, but eventually it quits scrolling down. Does anyone have an idea what I am doing wrong?

thanks,
Jake

Comments (2)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Jake,

I'm a little confused... are you trying to scroll to a different first display line within the SyntaxEditor view for all the editor instances or do you mean that you're scrolling the whole group of SyntaxEditor controls as a Panel up and down?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by Jake Pearson - Software Developer, Alion Science and Technology
Hi,
I am trying to accomplish the second. I will send you my test app, but as I said feel free to ignore this. There is certainly nothing wrong with the syntax editor.

If anyone else would like to look at my program, please post your email and I will send it over to you.

thanks,
Jake
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.