Posted 18 years ago by Leif Zars
i have a VB 2003 file I want to add, remove and update cretin lines in the code. Much like MS Visual Basic does when you working with visible objects during design time.
#Region "Managed Variables"
    Friend Depth0 as GaryPoolsMain.ScriptToEst.MangVar
    Friend Depth1 as GaryPoolsMain.ScriptToEst.MangVar
    Friend Depth2 as GaryPoolsMain.ScriptToEst.MangVar
Private Sub InitializeVariables()
    Depth0 = New GaryPoolsMain.ScriptToEst.MangVar("Depth0", "Double", MyParent, True)
    Depth1 = New GaryPoolsMain.ScriptToEst.MangVar("Depth1", "Double", MyParent, True)
    Depth2 = New GaryPoolsMain.ScriptToEst.MangVar("Depth2", "Double", MyParent, True)
End Sub

#End Region
I want to be able to quickly find and change, add or remove these related lines. For instance just changing depth0 to depth-0 in the 3 locations it is found. I think there is a lot of parsing functions out there, I just don’t know where to start.

Also I would love strings like “5+5” to automatically be formatted to “5 + 5” how would I do that. Also Strings like “end sub” to be changed to “End Sub”.

Let me know

Thanks

Leif

Comments (1)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
If you are doing find/replace that should not affect the user interface selection then use the editor.Document.FindReplace object and its methods. To do find/replace that does update selection and is more for what a user would interface with, you would use the editor.Document.SelectedView.FindReplace object and its methods. Both give you a full find/replace object model even supporting regular expressions.

Expanding text strings would have to be done manually by a call to editor.Document.UndoableInsert and replace the "5+5" text with "5 + 5".

Look at the "Case Sensitivity and Auto-Correct" documentation topic for how to do case correction.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.