Preventing LoadToolWindowLayoutFromFile create new toolwin..

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Erik Pepping - RADVenture B.V
Hi,

New toolwindows are created when I load a layout with LoadToolWindowLayoutFromFile. That happens because there is no existing toolwindow created with the same key. Can I suppress that behavior? I want only to reposition existing toolwindows.

Regards,

Erik

Comments (1)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Erik,

Unfortunately no because those tool windows are part of the layout you saved and they might have caused a number of tool window containers to be created that wouldn't have been otherwise. If we didn't create those tool windows then there would potentially be a lot of extra or empty tool window containers and parent dock containers and that would probably mess things up both visually and internally.

You can probably keep a list of tool windows you didn't initialize and then after the layout load, close them.

I'll write down to look into this more to see if there's some way we can allow them to be cancelled upon load and then run through the hierarchy and remove any windows that weren't initialized before the layouts occur.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.