Posted 15 years ago by ktaite
If I use reflection to call a method which creates a new document window, I don't receive any exceptions but the tabbed document window is not displayed. If call the method directly then the document window is displayed. UIStudio 2.0

See attached code snippet

Sample code

//create a new document
public void CreateTabWindow(string uc, string CaptionName)
{
UserControl uCtrl = null;

try
{
if (uc == "chart") uCtrl = new UnfChart.ctrGigChart();
// Create the document
ActiproSoftware.UIStudio.Dock.DocumentWindow dw = new ActiproSoftware.UIStudio.Dock.DocumentWindow(dockManager1, CaptionName, CaptionName, null, uCtrl);
dw.Activate();
}
catch (Exception ex)
{
MessageBox.Show(ex.Message);
}
}

//if I call this mehtod directly this works
public void OpenNewDocWindow()
{
CreateTabWindow("chart", "trend");
}

//If I call the method the document window does not get displayed
private void UseRef()
{
MethodInfo mi;
object result = null;
try
{
Type otype = this.GetType();
mi = otype.GetMethod("OpenNewDocWindow");
if (mi != null)
{
string typeName = otype.FullName;
object lateBoundObj = Activator.CreateInstance(otype);

result = otype.InvokeMember("OpenNewDocWindow", BindingFlags.Public | BindingFlags.InvokeMethod | BindingFlags.Instance, null, lateBoundObj, null);
}
}
catch (Exception ex)
{
MessageBox.Show(ex.Message);
}

}

Thanks

Comments (2)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
I think what you're doing here isn't allowed by .NET because the Activator.CreateInstance call is making the controls on a separate thread or something. If you replace Activator.CreateInstance with "this" instead, it works fine.

When I was debugging and still had Activator.CreateInstance in the code, I had run into an exception saying the controls had to be created on the same thread. So somehow, Activator.CreateInstance seems to either be putting them in a different thread or message loop.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by ktaite
Thanks

I believe that you are correct that it is a threading issue.
The latest build of this product (v2020.1 build 0402) was released 28 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.