Temporarily suspend autohide? (Modal Dialog)

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Chris Schuld - Owner / Senior Developer, Aztec Software
Hello,

I have a tool window in "auto-hide" mode with a few controls in it. One of the controls shows the user a modal window using Dialog::ShowDialog() -- standard modal window. What happens is the tool window snakes back and auto-hides while the user is using the modal box. There is a lot of "user convenience" for me if the auto-hide window would hang out until the modal window is finished. Is there a way for me to suspend the auto-hide before the modal dialog is fired and then clear it when the focus returns?

Thanks,
Chris

Comments (3)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Maybe try this DockManager.HideUnfocusedAutoHideToolWindowsOnMouseLeave or DockManager.IgnoreAutoHideMouseClicks. Let me know if one of those works.

Actipro Software Support

I used HideUnfocusedAutoHideToolWindowsOnMouseLeave and it worked perfectly. Thanks!
Side Note: If you intend to take/accept user clicks in the opened dialog you will also need to also use [DockManager].IgnoreAutoHideMouseClicks as well. fyi --Chris
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.