Button Color Issues

Wizard for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Peter Schenk
HI,
I AM having issues with the button colors (Back and Next); when I change them in the designer you can seen the color changes but when I run the program the color changes do not show up. Seems to be defaulting back to the default colors.

I have read through other post on the forum and none of the suggestions seem to be working.

Thanks

Peter

Comments (11)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Peter,

We don't do anything special to the buttons and they are normal Button controls. So the only thing I can think of is that you have the Wizard.ButtonFlatStyle property set to something that doesn't allow button back colors (like System). Also, I believe in .NET 2.0, Microsoft may have changed things so that Buttons always draw with themes if you have some settings on like Application.EnableVisualStyles.

Actipro Software Support

Not the case, it simply does not display the colors i am specifing in the designer? Should i send the you the project?
You can but I would first rather have you try putting a regular Button on a wizard page and trying the same thing there. See if it does it correctly at runtime. If it behaves the same way, then it is .NET behavior. If it behaves differently, then maybe there is something else going on and we can look at a project. Let us know the results.

Actipro Software Support

Buttons that are added by me work fine, its the once that are build into the wizard that are having the issue.
Ok, please send us a project that shows the issue then. Thanks.

Actipro Software Support

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the project. I confirmed this is a bug and it is now fixed for the next maintenance release. It seems that the problem wasn't showing up when you inherit from the WizardDialogForm instead using of the Wizard control. That's why we didn't catch it.

You can probably use WizardDialogForm instead and that should work around it until the next release. Not sure why it's working when using WizardDialogForm because I would think the problem would affect both methods of using Wizard, however for whatever reason it wasn't resetting the color for us when testing while using WizardDialogForm.

Actipro Software Support

Great,

do i need to purchase the next maintains release or can I download it for free?
Maintenance releases for the major/minor version you own are free.

Actipro Software Support

Where can i download the latest version i have 3.0 something?
You can always get the latest versions from your Customer Relations account however the maintenance release with your fix is not yet available. The fix will be included in the next maintenance release. The Customer Relations home page and our .NET home page list the version/build numbers and releae dates so keep an eye there. Or we offer an RSS newsfeed that you can track for new releases.

Actipro Software Support

Thanks for all your help:)
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.