Problem with publishing Evaluation version in Visual C# 2005

Wizard for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Lew Hollerbach
I'm evaluating the Wizard inside Visual C# 2005. I can compile and run your TestApplication just fine inside the IDE, but when I try to publish it (either to a Web site or to a local executable, I get this error:

Error 2 SignTool reported an error 'The form specified for the subject is not one supported or known by the specified trust provider.'. TestApplication-CSharp

I'm not trying to creat a distribution version, but my company has a distributed team and I want to send either the demo exe to them or have it be able to be launched via ClickOnce for evaluation.

Anything we can do about this?

Thanks!

Comments (1)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Lew,

This sounds like a .NET security policy issue. I know that by default you cannot run .NET applications from across a network because you will get a security exception. However I do think that you can use the .NET Framework Configuration Tool (in your Control Panel) to adjust these sorts of policies and give trust to certain computers.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.