Dockable Toolbars Positioning at Runtime

Bars for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Rick - Developer, Visual Software Systems LLC
Hi,

I'm having an issue with the positioning of a dockable toolbar at runtime. Here's the situation: I defined a menubar and three toolbars as design time. The menu bar is in row 0, two of the toolbars are in row 1 and the third is in row 2, col 0. The toolbar in row 2 has a mode defined to automatically show/hide it and the application is set so that it is initially hidden. The problem is that when the application switches into the mode that the hidden toolbar is a member of, the toolbar does not display in the position that I placed it in at design time (row 2, col 0). It is positioned on row 1 between the first and second toolbars. Why doesn't it show on row 2 where I had placed it? Incidentally, at runtime if I manually move the toolbar to row 2 and then switch the application into a mode that hides the toolbar and then back into the mode that displays it, it shows in the position where I last moved it (int his case, row 2).

You can also replicate the initial "bad" behavior by simply right-clicking the toolbar area and activating the hidden toolbar, so I don't think it's related to the "mode" capabilities.

This applies to UIStudio v2.0, .Net 2.0, Win XP

Thanks...
Rick

Comments (3)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Rick,

This sounds like the same setup as what is in our BarForm sample but it's working in our sample. For some reason it sounds like the row positioning state isn't being initialized correctly when you load your form. Could you throw together a tiny project that duplicates this and email it over so we can debug it? Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by Rick - Developer, Visual Software Systems LLC
I emailed a small test project to your that exhibits the same behavior. I also ran the sample project to see if that exhibited the problem and it did not.
Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Rick,

Thanks for testing the preview build I gave you. Looks like this is fixed for the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.