Renderer bug with NavigationBarPanel

Navigation for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Steve Weller
Using version 2.0.60.0, >net 1.1, Windows Xp Pro.

If I add a new NavigationPanel to my form, the renderer is set to (the now obsolete?) Office2003NavigationBarRenderer. This means that if I change any of the renderer properties the generated code will no longer compile, reporting errors like this:
error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for 'ActiproSoftware.UIStudio.NavigationBar.Office2003NavigationBarRenderer.Office2003NavigationBarRenderer(ActiproSoftware.Drawing.WindowsColorSchemeType)' has some invalid arguments
error CS1503: Argument '1': cannot convert from 'ActiproSoftware.Drawing.Office2003ColorSchemeType' to 'ActiproSoftware.Drawing.WindowsColorSchemeType'
error CS0619: 'ActiproSoftware.Drawing.Office2003ColorSchemeType' is obsolete: 'This enumeration is obsolete. Please use the improved WindowsColorScheme enumeration instead.'
from the following (generated) code:
ActiproSoftware.UIStudio.NavigationBar.Office2003NavigationBarRenderer office2003NavigationBarRenderer1 = new ActiproSoftware.UIStudio.NavigationBar.Office2003NavigationBarRenderer(ActiproSoftware.Drawing.Office2003ColorSchemeType.WindowsDefault);

Help!

Comments (5)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Steve,

Nothing should be using the Office2003ColorSchemeType any more. That should be pointing to WindowsColorSchemeType instead. Do a find/replace to get that change made. I'm looking at the NavigationBar code and nothing references that old enumeration any more. It's almost like you have a v1.5 reference in your project somehow since that's what used the old enumeration. What happens if you do this sort of thing in our 2.0 sample project?

Actipro Software Support

Search and replace doesnt seem to work - as soon as I open the form editor it resets the colours and even changes the style to Nomral (I had it set to SubHeader).
I have tried the sample and it is fine, even if I add a new panel in myself. Any ideas? I created the form only this morning (with 2.0.60 installed) - I have noticed 1.5.x is still installed though...
Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
It sounds like your project is pulling in the 1.5 assemblies instead of the 2.0 ones. Maybe remove the refrences, remove the reference paths to the 1.5 assemblies from your project properties, and then readd the 2.0 ones.

Actipro Software Support

I've uninstalled 1.5 and will give your suggestions a go...
Uninstalling 1.5 and rebuilding everything seemed to fix it... Not sure how/why it could possibly have got any 1.5 stuff in there though?
Either way - fixed!
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.