Deployment with ClickOnce

Wizard for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Jason Jeffries - Software Developer, New Innovations, Inc.
Hello - I am attempting to deploy via ClickOnce (VS2005) an application using the Wizard 3.0.0112 - when I add the wizard control, the application won't install and instead gives this message:

"Unable to install or run the application. The application requires the assembly (UICore) be installed in the GAC first."

Does this not work with ClickOnce? Will I need to perform additional steps on machines downloading my application if it contains the wizard control?

Thanks!

Comments (2)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Jason,

I haven't yet looked into how ClickOnce works. However are you installing the Shared/WinUICore libraries with your application as well? All three assemblies (locations are listed in the Readme) need to be installed since Wizard uses base classes in the Shared/WinUICore libraries. It seems to me that that might be the problem in your case.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by Jason Jeffries - Software Developer, New Innovations, Inc.
Thanks! I guess I haven't had enough caffeine yet this morning - my bad - I had just added controls with the wizard to see if they would install, but I hadn't changed the settings behind the "Application Files" button in "Publish" - thanks for the help, sorry to bother you! I'm so glad this will work because your wizard control is such a helpful timesaver - thanks again!
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.