Deployment with ClickOnce

Wizard for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Jason Jeffries - Software Developer, New Innovations, Inc.
Hello - I am attempting to deploy via ClickOnce (VS2005) an application using the Wizard 3.0.0112 - when I add the wizard control, the application won't install and instead gives this message:

"Unable to install or run the application. The application requires the assembly (UICore) be installed in the GAC first."

Does this not work with ClickOnce? Will I need to perform additional steps on machines downloading my application if it contains the wizard control?

Thanks!

Comments (2)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Jason,

I haven't yet looked into how ClickOnce works. However are you installing the Shared/WinUICore libraries with your application as well? All three assemblies (locations are listed in the Readme) need to be installed since Wizard uses base classes in the Shared/WinUICore libraries. It seems to me that that might be the problem in your case.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by Jason Jeffries - Software Developer, New Innovations, Inc.
Thanks! I guess I haven't had enough caffeine yet this morning - my bad - I had just added controls with the wizard to see if they would install, but I hadn't changed the settings behind the "Application Files" button in "Publish" - thanks for the help, sorry to bother you! I'm so glad this will work because your wizard control is such a helpful timesaver - thanks again!
The latest build of this product (v2018.1 build 0342) was released 10 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.