TabStripPage.Visible property

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Domenico
The TabStripPage object has the Visible property, but it's not browsable in the property viewer.
It's possible that when I set this property to False the whole page and its tab disappears from the TabStrip and when this property is set to True the page and the tab appears in the same position they had before?

Thanks

Comments (5)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Sorry, that functionality is not currently available. You can accomplish the same behavior though by saving what index the tab is at, removing the page, and then inserting it back at the same index later.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by Domenico
I'm building an user control that inherits from your TabStrip and I have implemented this property in the same manner you suggested. But I have found the bug described in my other post "Moving or inserting a tab". Now I can continue my work.

Will this functionality be added in a future release?

Thank you
Yes you'd have to apply the workaround described in the other post until the next maintenance release.

I can add this to the TODO list for you but there are probably a lot of higher priority items that will be before it.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by Chris Schuld - Owner / Senior Developer, Aztec Software
Hello All,

A quick follow up, has a visible property been added to the tab strip yet which would allow for a tab to appear / disappear programatically?

Does a work around exist that would keep me from Disposing or Destroying the tab?

Thanks,
Chris
Hi Chris,

Sorry but the Visible property hasn't been added yet. We did add an Enabled property but not the Visible yet. There is a workaround above where you remove the TabStripPage but retain a reference to it via a variable and then re-add it later. That doesn't let it dispose.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 3 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.