SaveToolWindowLayoutToFile not workng properly?

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Thierry Bouchard
Hi, I have a problem with the saved layout of my toolwindows in a particular case. Lets say I have a toolwindow called AA which is docked in the UI and hidden by default. When I click on a specific menu, AA is activated. After that I set AA as floating. Now here is the bug :

If I close my application while AA is floating and restart it, AA is displayed floating at the same size and position than when I closed the app, but
If I close AA while it is floating, close my app, restart it and reactivate the window via my menu, which simply calls the activate method on AA, AA is docked at the initial position and not floating as I am expecting it would be.

Can you confirm this is a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thx

Comments (5)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi I've been unable to duplicate it in our sample project. Can you try it out there and give some detailed steps to reproduce the problem in DockForm? Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

I know which step you probably skip that you must do to have the problem : you must close the application before you reload the layout. I've reproduced it using version 2.0.0060 of your sample

1 - Open the Dock Controls sample
2 - Make the "Tool window properties" window floating
3 - Close the toolwindow

N.B.:At this point, if you save the layout, play with windows, reload it and then reactivate the "Tool window properties" window via the menu, it will show floating at the position it was before it was closed and the layout was saved, but thats not what we want. Keep following these steps for the problem to occur

4 - Save the layout
5 - Close the Dock Controls samples
6 - Reopen the Dock Controls sample
7 - Load the saved layout
8 - Reactivate the "Tool Window Properties" via the menu

Bug : the window is not displayed floating at the expected position but is docked.

Thx for helping
Thanks for the steps... it's now fixed for the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

No problem, do you know when the next maintenance release is scheduled?
Not sure yet... we typically do releases when we accumulate a decent number of updates or if we have to update the Shared/WinUICore libraries.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.