Posted 18 years ago by Colin Blakey - Application Development Manager, Vertex Inc
We are in the process of expanding our XML editor tool and I am attempting to implement a comment type function. The editor supports has methods for CommentLines and UncommentLines which only allow specification of a line type comment. Is there a way to implement block comments for XML?

Comments (4)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Colin,

For that type of comment, maybe use the EditorView.InsertSurroundingText method.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by Colin Blakey - Application Development Manager, Vertex Inc
OK, that sort of works. I was intending for the comment to be applied to each line but I see that I can iterate through the lines adding this. Removal of the "comment" is a bit more problematic, but I can see a possible way for that.

For V4 could you consider adding (if it's not there already) a pair of Comment/Uncomment functions that take two strings pre and post comment text.
Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
So do you want it to place/remove the pre and post text on each line for these proposed feature enhancements?

Meaning this:
line 1
line 2
Would become this:
<!-- line 1 -->
<!-- line 2 -->

Actipro Software Support

That's exactly what I would like to see.

Thanks
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.