SyntaxEditor Find Bug - Causes Application to Crash - Help!

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Tim Strong
In Find-and-Replace, from your sample code, whenever I do a Find, Replace, etc. on the text [! ] with Wildcards option, the Application Crashes with a nasty bug...

I'm using the similar idea in one of my applications... The code I have is:

// Update find/replace options
this.UpdateFindReplaceOptions();

// Perform a find operation
FindReplaceResultSet resultSet;

resultSet = editor.SelectedView.FindReplace.Find(options);
:
:

If I step through this code in debug mode, with the Find Textbox set to [! ], the whole application crashes.
Error handling appears to not be handled properly by your Find() command.

Can you give me an idea ASAP on a work-around until it's fixed? I have to deliver my app soon and it is relying on your control.

Thanks,

Tim

Comments (4)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Tim,

Thanks for the details... just tracked down the problem. It appears that that combination of search characters was causing an infinite loop in our code. I've just resolved it for the next maintenance release. If you'd like a preview of the next maintenance release (which may still change before the final), send us an email and we can give you a link to it.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by Stanislav Antonov

Hi,

Resently we found that [! ] wildcard still not working. Now it does not crash but it behaves almost like [] wildcard. Is there any workaroud and when it could be fixed? Just note, we use latest version of WinForms Controls - 2012.1.

Thanks,

Stanisalv

[Modified 12 years ago]

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Stanislav,

Thanks, it looks like there is a bug in the design with case insensitive matches of inverse character classes.  We'll try and get a fix in for the next maintenance release.  In the meantime, I believe you can work around it by using case sensitive mode or alternatively doing both upper/lower letters in the [! ] like [!Aa].

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by Stanislav Antonov

Thank you for workaroud but I'm not sure it will always work correctly as user can specify [!a] and assume that everithing will match except of "a" but not except of "A" as well, the same for case mode, so we can't make such substitutions implicitly as we don't know what user actually wants. Thus we'll wait for next maintenance release to have it fixed.

Thanks,

Stanislav

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.