Setting Key and ChordKey for the BarKeyboardShortcutTextBox

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Benjamin Dilts
I'm providing my users with additional functionality based on keyboard shortcuts/chords. I have them enter the keyboard shortcut into a BarKeyboardShortcutTextBox, then store the Key and ChordKey values to an internal database for later use. When the user returns to edit the keyboard shortcut, however, there doesn't seem to be any way for me to populate a BarKeyboardShortcutTextBox with the Key and ChordKey that I'd stored in the database. I tried going through an intermediary BarKeyboardShortcut to produce the string representing the chord and setting the textbox's Text value to that, but of course that didn't work.

What is the preferred method for initializing a BarKeyboardShortcutTextBox to a non-blank value?

Ben Dilts

Comments (1)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Ben,

Just checked the code, it doesn't look like there is a public way to do it yet. However I added setters to both properties for you so that will be available in the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.