Standalone ToolBar and StatusBar Questions

Bars for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Rick - Developer, Visual Software Systems LLC
I have two questions:

1) Is there a way to associate, at design time, a standalone Toolbar on a "child" form with a BarManager control on a "main" form so that that design time features of the bar controls can be used? I'm able to make the association at runtime and programmatically add commandlinks that reference commands from the bar manager on my main form. VS 2005 won't let me associate the bar manager from the main form in the desinger. It would be much easier to be able to use the designer than code everything manually.

2) Can you put commandlinks on the Statusbar control, similar to what can be done with the new StatusStrip control from Microsoft? If not, this would be a great enhancement to the Statusbar.

Thanks...

Comments (2)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Rick,

1) Unfortunately, no because of the way designers work, each designer instance is separate so that is not possible. What you could do as a trick is design a popup menu on your main form with all the command links you want on your toolbar. Then in your run-time code, you could do something like this:
toolBar.CommandLinks.AddRange(barManager.PopupMenus["ToolBarTemplateMenu"].CommandLinks.ToArray());
That would basically use a fake popup menu for the designer capabilities and in one line allow you to copy all the command links that you designed to the standalone toolbar.

2) It doesn't support that right now. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by Rick - Developer, Visual Software Systems LLC
Thanks. I'll give it a try.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.