The latest build of this product (v2.0.0208) was released 19 years ago, which was before this thread was created.
Posted 18 years ago by BLANC Stéphane - Staubli Robotics Suite Product Manager, STAUBLI
Hi,

I need to refresh the TitleBarText of a toolwindows
I've tried toolwindow.Update() but it's not working

Any idea ?

Thanks for your help

Stephane

Comments (4)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Stephane,

Is this supposed to be a UIStudio question? This forum is for our obsolete DockableWindow product that was replaced by UIStudio.

Anyhow, the TitleBarText property auto-updates the title bars. I just tested it. If there is a problem, can you please post detailed steps on how to reproduce your problem in our DockForm sample? Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by BLANC Stéphane - Staubli Robotics Suite Product Manager, STAUBLI
Yes it's supposed to be a UIStudio question, sorry for the mistake.

I have a 3DControl and each time the mouse cursor is over an object,
an event "selectionChange" is raised.

In the handler I update the .TitleBarText property but the text is
refreshed only when the user stop moving the mouse...
If I put the text in a label (and not in the titleBar) and I call
a label1.Update() it works fine !

Stéphane
Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
That 3DControl must be blocking the invalidation until the mouse stops. The titlebar for the tool windows is actually a separate control. So if your 3DControl is in a ToolWindowContainer (ToolWindow.ToolWindowContainer property), you should update that instead of the ToolWindow. Just make sure it isn't null before calling Update on that control because for instance, when in an auto-hide state, it will be in an AutoHideContainer instead.

Actipro Software Support

Ok, thank you very much it solves the problem.

just a remark : In my application, it seems that the ToolWindow.ToolWindowContainer
is never null (it's a panel) even when the toolWindow is Auto_hide...
I don't know why...

Regards

Stéphane

[Modified at 05/23/2006 08:47 AM]