Asterisk missing on modified document window tab

DockableWindow/TabStripPanel for Windows Forms Forum

The latest build of this product (v2.0.0208) was released 19 years ago, which was before this thread was created.
Posted 18 years ago by Greg Pattison - Software Engineer, Burke Porter Machinery
I am looking for a simple solution to always have a visible asterisk on the tab for a document window that has been marked as modified.

Currently, when I create a document with a very long name and add it to the dock manager, the tab created for the document cuts off the name and adds three dots to the end. Unfortunately, when the document windows Modified property is set to true, the asterisk that is added to the end of the name on the tab does not get shown because the name gets cut off.

Example, name of document is "VeryLongDocumentName"
the tab will show -> "VeryLongDocu..." (even when the document window is marked as modified)

Using visual studio 2003, i notice that they handle this senerio by inserting the '...' into the middle of the name on the tab so that the asterik still remains on the tab at the end of the name.

Is there some magical way I can get this to work?

Thanks,

Greg

Comments (3)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Greg,

I assume that this is a UIStudio question? Please note that this forum is for a legacy product and is not for UIStudio. There is a separate forum for UIStudio.

It looks like we need to make it so that you can use a StringTrimming.EllipsisPath instead of StringTrimming.EllipsisCharacter, which it currently is using. I'll add this to the TODO list. Thanks for the suggestion.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by Greg Pattison - Software Engineer, Burke Porter Machinery
You are correct, this has to do with the UIStudio. Sorry I posted it in the wrong forum. Thanks for the response. If you want, please move this message to the UIStudio Forum.

Thanks,

Greg
Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Greg,

No problem... we should probably shut down this forum soon since this product hasn't been available for a year and a half now.

Actipro Software Support