Syntax Editor Dependency on 1.1 dll

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Alan C - Owner, Savian
When i add in the syntax editor to my form, it automatically adds a reference to the Shared dll v1.0.77. This causes the following error:

Error 2 The type 'ActiproSoftware.Drawing.ImageBackgroundFill' exists in both 'c:\Program Files\Common Files\Actipro Software\Shared\v1.0.0080\ActiproSoftware.Shared.Net20.dll' and 'c:\Program Files\Common Files\Actipro Software\Shared\v1.0.0077\ActiproSoftware.Shared.dll'

The Syntax Editor control is showing as version 3.1.204

Removing the 1.0.0077 version of the dll causes this error:

Error 1 The type 'ActiproSoftware.ComponentModel.ILogicalTreeNode' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'ActiproSoftware.Shared, Version=1.0.77.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=36ff2196ab5654b9'.

Comments (1)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Your project is probably referencing the .NET 2.0 SyntaxEditor however I bet your VS Toolbox has an icon in it that points to the .NET 1.0 SyntaxEditor. Try resetting your VS Toolbox. That should fix it. You only want the Shared build 80 in your project.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.