Events for the Intellisense

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Kasper
Hi,

When working with the (otherwise great) Intellisense support in SyntaxEditor, I feel like I'm missing some valuable events. For instance, I would like an IntelliPromptMemberItemInserting and an IntelliPromptMemberItemInserted event or something like that. This could be used for altering the value that the user has selected to insert, according to application settings. For instance, I would like to make it possible for my users to select the case for HTML tags being inserted through Intellisense. With events like the ones I described, and a proper EventArgs, it would be cool to be able to change the string that the Editor is about to insert. The case situation is just an example, I think this could be used for a lot of neat stuff. Would it be possible to do this for a maintenance release? This would help me a lot :)

Kind regards,

Kasper

Comments (1)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Actually you can already do that. Use the IntelliPromptMemberListClosing event. With that, if e.Cancel is false, you know that sometime is about to be inserted. Therefore, check the selected item in the member list to know what that is. You can change the pre- and post-text on the item at that point.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.