Suppressing automatic tabpage-switching

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Bent Larsen
Hi - I'm trying to suppress the automatic switching of tabpages when drag-dropping items.

I have several windows "on top of each other", so I figure the dockmanager automagically creates a tabstrip for the window-pages.

I'm trying then, to access this tabstrip, to register the SelectionChanging-event, and eventually cancel this event if I'm drag-dropping something.

I can't seem to find out where to get access to the tabstrip though. Can I extract it from the dockmanager, or is there some other way to go about this?

Help? :)

Kind regards,
Bent Larsen

[Modified at 06/25/2006 06:25 AM]

Comments (3)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Bent,

We don't have an option for this right now. It just happens automatically. But we could probably add an option for you.

Is this for using the Dock controls or is it a standalone TabStrip situation?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by Bent Larsen
Hello

My immediate problem is with the dock-controls, but I guess it would be a relevant feature in both cases. There are a couple of ways to disallow the switching I guess, but I think it would be natural to have a "tabpage changing"-event that can be cancelled. IIRC there is currently a "tabpage changed"-event.

I would really appreciate if you could help me out by adding this feature.

Kind regards,
Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
It's added for the next maintenance release. Both DockManager and TabStrip now have an AutoSelectTabOnDragOver property.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.