Shortcuts for dynamically created buttons

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 13 years ago by Kasper
Hi,

I'm allowing my users to create a number of buttons which can do various things like inserting a piece of code, execute a file etc. This works just fine, but now that I wish to allow the user to define shortcuts for these buttons, I seem to be having some problems. I'm doing it by creating a new BarButtonCommand, and then assigning the shortcut like this:

barButton.KeyboardShortcuts.Add(new BarKeyboardShortcut(null, button.ChordKey, button.ShortcutKey));

It appears to work, since the shortcut is displayed correctly in the tooltip of the button, but when I press the shortcut, nothing happens - the CommandClick event is not triggered like it is with the non-dynamically created buttons. Am I missing something obvious here? :)

Comments (1)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Is your command in the BarManager.Commands collection? That might cause this behavior if it is not. If it is, then please send over a simple repro project or post some lines that we can add to our test app to duplicate it.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v2018.1 build 0341) was released 3 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.