Deploying my first C# Project with Wizard for .net 2.0

Wizard for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Mitchell Maynard
Hi!

Sorry but I have looked through just about everything on the site but can't find any assistance for the deployment of an application that let's me know where I need to place the redistributables on the client's computers.

I am accustomed to placing the .dlls into the same folder as my application but it seems this is not the case with the wizard. In the ReadMe it tels me where the dlls are but it doesn't say that I need to place them in my customer's computer in the same directories or not.

I am using the wizard control in an upgrade I am doing with this application but can't deploy until I resolve the dependency issue.

Please let me know where the dlls need to be placed on the customer's computer. If it needs to be the same way as it is on my development machine, I will not be able to use the wizard control because I have some customers with network solutions and all files need to be referential.

Please let me know ASAP because I may need to remove the control from the application, if I don't get an acceptable resolution.

Respectfully,

Mitchell

Comments (1)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Mitchell,

We'll try and add something in the readmes that tell you this, but it is as simple as placing the 3 dll files in the same folder as your application. As long as your application assembly had the license compiled into it (VS does this automatically and see our Licensing FAQ in the Support site for more info), then you should be all set.

If you are having problems with that setup then there might be something else going on. Feel free to post or email us what specifically the problem is.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.