Simple starting problems

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Richard Beyer - KBS Leipzig
Hi,

my company wants to integrate the syntax editor in their software and it's my job to get it working.

After integrating the control into the existing software I tried to select some text and start working with it...

problems:
editor.SelectedView.Length==0 still when I selected some text

also editor.SelectedView.CutToClipBoard cuts the whole text

So what did I wrong? Exists somewhere a starting guide oder something else?

Greetings from germany and sorry for my bad english :)

Richard

Comments (2)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Richard,

We have done a lot of work on the upcoming v4.0 to improve documentation. In fact we've almost doubled the number of help topics in the coming version. Also we've added a number of quickstarts in the sample project to help you focus on certain feature areas.

As for your problem, I'm sorry but I'm not sure I follow you. Maybe you could clarify it a little more. If you select text, the editor.SelectedView.Selection.Length will be greater than 0. If you do in fact have an empty selection, CutToClipboard will cut the current display line to the clipboard. That is a very handy feature that we first discovered in Visual Studio and added to our SyntaxEditor product.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by Richard Beyer - KBS Leipzig
everything is alright now, the control lost the focus before doing something with the selected text... *grmpf*... fixed

now I can explore all the fantastic features :)
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.