Posted 18 years ago by Corey Young - Programmer, Mozenda
This may be simple, but I cannot find the answer in the documentation at the moment. I need to have the ability to select multiple parts of a document simultaneously. For example, if I wanted to have all instances of the word 'tree' selected within a document, and I knew all of the relevant positions of the word thoughout the document using the data from Regex.Matches, is there a way for me to currently do this with the SyntaxEditor? The documentation suggests that there is ever only one selection object, not a group of multiple.

If I am unable to do what I've described above (through selections), what other methods/features would you suggest in order to accomplish the same results? For example, can I programatically add and remove a highlighting style for a given regex pattern through out the document?

Any examples?

Thanks in advance.

-Corey

Comments (1)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Chris,

We don't have support for multiple selections. In the upcoming v4.0 we support continuous stream (snaking) and block selection types.

If you are looking to simply highlight ranges of text though, that's exactly what our span indicators are for. Check those out. In the upcoming v4.0 we've extended span indicators and highlighting styles so that they support a lot more visualization features such as various styles of borders, strike-out, underlines, and fonts. And of course they all have configurable fore/back colors, etc.

You can create your own custom span indicators too, even in v3.1. Our v4.0 sample project is really improved and has a QuickStart on indicators and shows how to do a custom span indicator. We hope to get the v4.0 beta out this week. In the v3.1 sample project you can highlight a range of text and click the indicator margin to create a breakpoint span indicator. For details on making a custom span indicator in v3.1, you can search this forum.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.