Posted 18 years ago by billb - Software Craftsman, Yye Software
RE: 4.0 assemblies

I believe this was brought up awhile back about ILMerging the Actipro assemblies. I have a couple of questions.

First, I use an obfuscator tool that supports merging and would like to try the merge with that tool. Did the fix for ILMerge fix it for just ILMerge or is this something that is likely to work for any tool that does merging?

Second, and more importantly, I don't see the Actipro assemblies in my bin directory. I assume this is because they're in the GAC? Which assemblies would I need to merge?

Comments (3)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Bill,

Our stuff will work with ILMerge except for one issue that is described in this thread:
ILMerge Thread

The problem is that our controls can't find the licensing information in the resulting assembly because the assembly has been renamed. I'm not sure if the ILMerge author has made any updates to fix that or not.

Check the Readme for the file locations of all the assemblies. They are in the GAC but are also installed in the Program Files folder.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by billb - Software Craftsman, Yye Software
OK, so most likely this won't work for me unless I can tell my obfuscator/merger program not to rename the assemblies.

Thanks.
Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Correct, I believe it will work if the output assembly is named the same as the pre-merged one that contains the license info. However in that post another customer found another merger app that worked.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.