Posted 18 years ago by Jeff Hutt - Blade Games World
I need to implement something like the C# .Net addon for another language.

Obviously I need a lexer and parser, that I can do. But what extra stuff did you have to write that goes into the .Net addon above just these two things.

Could you give a brief overview of what needs to be implemented.

thanks
Christian

Comments (3)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Actually we have a web page that goes over a general list of the main concepts. Check this page out.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by Jeff Hutt - Blade Games World
Great thanks,

One thing - On that page there is a line that reads...

"Sixth, syntax errors reported in the compilation unit can be denoted by wave line span indicators in the document. In addition, the errors may be listed in an Error List listbox."

Is this currently not finished or do you have to specifically turn this feature on? I don't see squigglies and I was about to implement this myself. However if the goal is that it will be automatic that's great I'll work on something else.

Christian
Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Yes the build that should come out today has automated wave line markers with the error description when you hover over them. The error listbox you'd have to populate yourself like we do in the MainForm sample though.

In the current beta at the time of this posting (the one that will be replaced today with better functionality), the wave lines are added by code in the MainForm as well. However all that code has been wrapped into the language for the upcoming release.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.