Posted 18 years ago by Jake Pearson - Software Developer, Alion Science and Technology
Hi,
I have started using 4.0, and it seems like a great upgrade. My users use C#, but I only have them write the inside of functions. For example: they might have a syntax editor where they put in some code like this:
MessageBox.Show();
Then I put some code around it to make it valid C# like this:
public void BeginningEffect()
{
MessageBox.Show()
}
Using the default CSharpSyntaxLanguage, the first example above is not considered valid. My guess is that I want to tell the language that I only want to parse using the AST nodes below BlockStatement, but I don't know how to do that. Any idea?

thanks,
Jake

Comments (3)

Posted 18 years ago by Jake Pearson - Software Developer, Alion Science and Technology
Also, to add on to my above question how would I define the variables that exist in a class programatically.
public class Simulation
{
   public int X;
   public int Y;

public void BeginningEffect()
   {
      MessageBox.Show(X.ToString());
   }
}
The only code that users enter is the MessageBox code, but I still need the SyntaxEditor to know of the X and Y fields.

thanks,
Jake
Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
I think your request is about the same as this one.

Could you read that and post whether it is? One design problem is with the auto-indent feature. We discuss a problem with it at the end of that topic, if we implement this feature that way. We'd love to hear your thoughts.

Actipro Software Support

I missed that thread, I will put my thoughts over there.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.