Posted 18 years ago by Karl Grambow
Hi,

I could have sworn that in v3.x when hovering over a collapsed outlining node a tool tip was automatically displayed. In v4.0 this isn't the case. Is there something I have to do to enable the tooltip? I get the same behavior on the test application.

Hmm, this is strange. I just double-checked this and for a brief second a tooltip appeared when I hovered over the collapsed node. It promptly disappeared and I couldn't get it back up again.

Also, in v4.0 when first loading a document, the nodes are all expanded but in v3.x they were collapsed. Is there a property I can set to control this? Incidentally, I know that persitance of the node state was mentioned a while back and was wondering if this functionality made it into v4.0? Specifically, it would be nice to be able to save the current state so that it can be loaded later on.

Thanks,

Karl

Comments (2)

Posted 18 years ago by Karl Grambow
You can ignore the issue regarding the tooltips. It was something wrong with my machine (not sure what). I'd actually lost QuickInfo in .NET as well and it suddenly came back.

Regards,

Karl
Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
In v4.0, dynamic languages (v3.1 style languages) will still work like before where they collapse immediately. This is because the semantic parsing and outlining are in the same thread as the UI and occur before repaint. In the C# add-on, semantic parsing governs automatic outlining and semantic parsing is happening in a separate thread. Therefore it will collapse the nodes at some time after the control initially paints, which is when the semantic parsing completes. Therefore you might see a brief delay in the collapsing in the add-on.

We weren't able to squeeze the outlining state persistence into the final 4.0. Although 4.0 encompasses an enormous set of new features, we did have to prioritize and leave some things out such as that. Or else 4.0 never would have gotten released. :) However that item is still on the TODO list.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 5 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.