Posted 17 years ago by Korchagin Andrej
Hi

When you have a lot of menu items, menu itself goes out of the screen boundaries, so you cant see and click some items. This situation one can reproduce on sample project. MsWindows in this case form several columns. There is an option in UIStudio, which allows you group menu items, but it looks not fairly well, and when it have a lot of items, it still goes out of the screen boundaries. Is Actipro going to address this?

Another screen boundaries problem: when you drag floating window out of the screen boundaries, it stays there forever. Visual Studio returns window and make it adjacent to one of the screen boundaries, for instance.

Thanks!

Comments (5)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi, thank you for letting us know about the large menu issue. We'll add that to the TODO list.

By "floating window" do you mean a floating toolbar or tool window? Our dock controls will slide a floating tool window back into the screen when it is activated after being hidden. This is the same behavior that Visual Studio has. I believe our floating toolbars act like Visual Studio too. If you are seeing something different, could you please give us details on how to reproduce? Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

I mean tool window. Yes, when it is opened after being closed, it is slided back into the screen. I didnt find same behaviour when tool window is activated, may be due to it was partially hidden. MS VS has much different behaviour. It slide tool window into the screen IMMEDIATELY after release of mouse button, even if window was hidden partially. Thanks.
I'm sorry but I'm still not seeing a difference between our behavior and VS.

I run our Dock sample and drag the Events tool window so that it is off the left side of the monitor but I can still see the X button. Then I click X to close it. The I click the "View/Events" menu item to activate it again. It slides back onto the monitor so that it is fully visible. This is how VS works as well.

If you are not seeing the tool window slide fully back onto the monitor when you activate it then please give us exact steps to reproduce it in our sample project and make sure you also specify if you have any non-standard setups like taskbar moved, or multiple monitors, etc.

Also if you are seeing VS have different behavior than what I am describing then also please give a detailed step by step example on how to show what you are seeing. Maybe we're missing something so this will help clarify things.

Actipro Software Support

The main problem is that when user drag window so he cant see X button, he can't close tool window.
The point is that in VS, tool window returns IMMEDIATELY after dragging, not on activating. In a nutshell, VS catches RELEASE event, not ACTIVATE as UIStudio do.
Anyway, this problem is not so urgent to us as memory lekage. :)
I'm still not seeing Visual Studio behave as you describe. Do you have some custom option set? We are running VS 2005 here. Regardless, I do know what you are describing and will add it to the TODO list perhaps as an option.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.