Posted 20 years ago by Campion
I'm getting a null reference exception in the sample C-Sharp app and in my app. It happens occasionally when the dual horizontal splitter is closed. The error message is:

"An unhandled exception of type 'System.NullReferenceException' occurred in actiprosoftware.winuicore.dll

Additional information: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

1. Open the C# sample editor application.
2. Split the window so code is display on top and bottom.
3. Quickly move the splitter back to the top.
4. Repeat 2 and 3 as necessary. It happens when the left mouse button is release just prior to reaching the top of the editor.

It happens in at least version 2.0.0105 and 2.0.0107.

Comments (6)

Posted 20 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
I've been trying to duplicate this but haven't been able to. Which version of .NET do you run and can you email me the complete stack trace?

Actipro Software Support

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Version 1.1.4322
Microsoft Development Environment 2003 Version 7.1.3088

The stack trace has been emailed to support@actiprosoftware.com.
Have you been able to duplicate the problem, yet?
I've tried it on both .NET 1.0 and 1.1 and have not been able to duplicate it yet. I am testing with build 107 of SyntaxEditor. Is there any other information you can give me that would help me duplicate it?

Actipro Software Support

I think we may have a fix for this implemented for the next maintenance release. We've been unable to duplicate the exception here however another user gave us some code that makes something similar happen when removing a split programmatically (if using Sandbar menus and the menu item is over the split being removed) and it sounds like the same exception.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 20 years ago by (Anonymous)
This has been fixed in v2.0.0108. Thank you.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.