Disabling mouseover for toolwindows

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Benjamin H.
Version: 1.0.25
I have a tool window that is being auto hidden. The problem is that when your mouse cursor floats over the tool window's tab it will pop up. Is there a way that I can change this to only happen for a mouse click event and not a mouse over?

Comments (5)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Sorry but we don't have an option for controlling that. I would think that end users would want teh auto-hidden window to slide out regardless of whether the mouse is hovered over or clicked on the auto-hide tab.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by Benjamin H.
Is there any way to change the amount of delay on the auto-hide tab before it pops out?
Sorry, it's wired up to the control's MouseHover event, which we don't have control over the time for.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by Marianne
This is something I'd be interested in as well. We have some customers complaining that the auto-hide windows slide out on them too often accidentally as they're moving the mouse over different parts of the application. It would be nice to offer the option of disabling this altogether and/or being able to control the time required before the tool window will show itself.

------------------------------- Marianne

Ok this is implemented for the next maintenance release:
Added the DockManager.AutoHideShowOnMouseHover property, which controls whether to show auto-hidden tool windows when the mouse hovers over their tabs.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 5 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.