Posted 18 years ago by Peter Chapman
Version: 4.0.0234
I've created a simple grammar in order to see how far i can get with your parser generator framework. The problem is when i use the Grammar Designer to run the parser generator, it just goes bang.

A parser generator exception occurred : Object reference not set to an instance of an object

I've rechecked my Production code, and i'm reasonably confident that the null ref is not created by me. A bit more feedback on what the problem is would be nice!

V 4.0.0234 using Shared 1.0.0083 Full Release.

Comments (4)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Yes that particular exception should definitely not be happening. Any exception that comes out of the generator should be giving you more detail.

Could you email over the exception message, stack trace, and your grammar file (or a trimmed down grammar that still shows it)? Then we can debug it and let you know what is going on and get it resolved for the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

sent to support
Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Peter,

Thanks for the sample. It's that the Key attribute is not being found on several of your non-terminals. A proper error message is added for the next maintenace release.

In your case, you did specify a key but you did so like this "key" and since XML is case-sensitive, it needs to be "Key". So just change the case of the K through the code and you'll get past this exception.

Actipro Software Support

thanks,

That seems to have done the trick.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 5 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.