Document Window Appears Behind ToolWindows

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 17 years ago by Marianne
Version: 2.0.76
Platform: .NET 2.0
Environment: Windows XP (32-bit)
Since installing the latest version I'm noticing a problem. I have a window layout that is persisted to an xml file. The layout consists of multiple auto-hidden toolwindows, a couple on the right, left and bottom of the application. After loading the xml layout, the document area is behind the right side hidden toolwindows, so that the right-most half an inch is buried under the tabs. If I pin down a tab group, the document area doesn't update and stays behind the now pinned open tab group.

This behavior only exhibits itself when loading from an xml layout. I've been able to repro the problem in the sample app (Docking sample) by taking the following steps:

-In the Designer, move at least one toolwindow to the right side of the application
-Set all toolwindows to autohide
-Add this line to the FormClosing event of the form:
dockManager.SaveToolWindowLayoutToFile("layout");

-Launch the docking sample and close it (to create the layout file)
-Add this line to the form constructor after the initialize call:
dockManager.LoadToolWindowLayoutFromFile("layout");

-Launch the docking sample and you should notice already that the right side of the document area is hidden under the auto-hidden windows
-Pin down any tab group and you should notice that the document area does not update itself. The tab groups are pinning themselves down over the document area.

------------------------------- Marianne

Comments (1)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Thank you for the repro steps. A fix is now in place for this issue for the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.