Setting the size of TabbedMdiContainer

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 17 years ago by Michael Knorr
Version: 2.0.75
Hello,

when our application closes we save the layout data of the dock manager and a list of the active TabbedMdiWindows and the sizes of the TabbedMdiContainers (since these are not included in the ToolWindowLayoutData). When the application is started again, we restore the layout data and the TabbedMdiWindows and Containers. Unfortunately I did not find a way to restore the size of the TabbedMdiContainers. When I set TabbedMdiContainer.Size it is immediately reset to (0,0). When the form is shown all TabbedMdiContainers are close together at the top/left of the mdi area.

How can I effectively set the size of the containers?

Regards,
Michael Knorr

Comments (2)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Michael,

Could you possibly send over a tiny project that shows this? That way we can debug it and possibly offer a way to do it or make changes to our code to allow it.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 17 years ago by Michael Knorr
After looking deeper in the problem I found, that it was caused by using Suspend/ResumeLayout. It looks like you can not set/change sizes of tabbed mdi containers in a Suspend/ResumeLayout-block. Since I don't need to suspend layout at that point anyway, the problem is solved for me. Sorry for the false alarm.

Regards,
Michael
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.