AutoHide expanding problem under Vista

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 17 years ago by Brian O'Neil
Version: 2.0.75
Platform: .NET 2.0
Environment: Windows Vista (32-bit)
AutoHide toolwindows not expanding properly under Vista.

I have an autohide toolwindow docked to the right side of the DockManager and it works fine when running the application under XP, on Vista (RTM) 32bit, the autohide toolwindow will not expand when the mouse is over the tab, but as soon as the mouse moves off the tab the toolwindow expands, but still has redraw issues.

I have tried setting the AutoHideShowSteps to 0 thinking that it might be related to that, but the behavior doesn't change.

thanks for any help...

-Brian

Comments (7)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
I just tried UIStudio in Vista RC1 (don't have the RTM on yet) and everything was working ok there. I will try and load up the RTM soon for testing. We already have it downloaded but not yet installed.

Actipro Software Support

I didn't have this problem on any of the RC's, but I do have it in the RTM.
I just installed the Vista RTM from Microsoft's MSDN site and ran the sample project on it without any changes. I didn't have any trouble with mouse hovering expanding the tabs. Everything seemed to be working like normal.

Actipro Software Support

Hi Brian,

We ended up being able to finally duplicate this. It seems that Vista with Aero enabled is what breaks auto-hide. If Aero is off, then it works fine. We've narrowed down the bit of code that is causing the problem in Aero and tweaked it so that this issue is resolved. The fix will be in the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

Thanks for address this and not giving up. I will be glad to see this working. I thought that maybe it was something that I was doing and I am glad to hear that it is not.

thanks again,

-Brian O'Neil
Posted 17 years ago by Actipro User
I'm hitting the same problem as well - any update on the resolution?
Thanks in advance.
Yes that was fixed in a previous maintenance release. You can download the latest maintenance release from our site.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.