CustomDLL Reflection - types are not in Intellipromt Completion list

SyntaxEditor .NET Languages Add-on for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Christel
Version: 11.2.0552

Hi,

I added Custom-DLL's to the CSharpProjectAssembly.

But the completion list in the syntax editor shows only the namespaces included in the dll, no special types or members of the custom-dll.

I added the custom'dlls (after the Main window is already created by constructor) via a dependency property, and I loaded it by name and path:

if (projectAssembly != null)
{
projectAssembly.AssemblyReferences.AddFrom(
Path.Combine(Path.GetDirectoryName(System.Reflection.Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().Location), "xxx.dll"));
}

The adding seems to work, as I can see the dll in the AssemblyReferences-List after this code ,when debugging

What may I have done wrong?

Thanks for any help!

Comments (1)

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Christel,

It's hard to say without debugging it.  Have you also loaded (beforehand) the assemblies that your custom assembly references?  Do you see any exceptions in your Visual Studio output?  If so you could probably set VS to break on CLR exceptions when thrown and see if you can track down where it might be going wrong.

Once an assembly is loaded, you are able to look at it to see the namespaces and types that are in it.  Scan through that and see if any types are present.  If so, they should be showing in the IntelliPrompt when appropraite.

If those things don't help, then please make a new simple sample project that shows the issue and email it to our support address.  Make sure you rename the ZIP file extension so it doesn't get spam blocked.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 3 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.