SQL need intellisense popup, quick info and error squiggle lines

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Christel
Version: 11.2.0552

Hi,

Having a syntax editor with loading SQL language from sql.langdef, it provides syntax highlighting but 

it detects no errors and therefore shows no squiggle lines.

Also, I would expect an intellisense popup, when I type 'sum', and a quick info for the function.

These features (errors, intelipromt, etc.)  all work automatically by itself with a SyntaxEditor with CSharpSyntaxLanguage loaded.

Have I to register some special providers an write my own quick info Provider on the SQL language?

Thanks for your always quick answers!

Comments (1)

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Christel,

I'm sorry but the free language definition files that come with SyntaxEditor generally only include some basic features like syntax highlighting.

In the case of CSharpSyntaxLanguage, that is part of the .NET Languages Add-on, which is sold separately from SyntaxEditor.  Unfortunately we don't have an advanced SQL language with parsing and squiggle lines at this time.  I do know we have some customers who in the past that have implemented such a language though for their own applications. 

You'd have to go through the steps illustrated by our Getting Started series to make your own advanced SQL language.  It is a great example of start to finish how to implement such functionality.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.